How will we share information?
You can always call the Academy if you have a question. The class team, class teacher or phase leader will try to come back to you with an answer within the week.
Our website and Facebook pages provide updates and news of events throughout the term, we have a Foxwood only Facebook page which you can click on and ask to join - (2) Foxwood Academy | Facebook This can also be used to share good news stories or ask questions. You will usually get a response within 48 hours.
We also use a text messaging service to send reminders and important information.
As well as this we have:
- A daily diary/or class Dojo (a digital system that communicates via a special App)
- A weekly catch-up letter in primary
- A half termly catch-up letter for yr7 and above
- A termly headteacher letter
- A termly newsletter
- An annual review once a year
- A meet the tutor event in the Autumn term
- A virtual parents evening in January and a face to face parents evening in July
- A transition evening for 14-19 year olds
- An internal transition meeting for children moving from primary to secondary and from KS3 to 14-19
- A number of coffee mornings or afternoons sharing useful information (medication, sleep, EHCP hubs etc)
If you ever need any additional information about your child's progress, wellbeing or something else we are always able to help or can try to signpost you in the right direction.
We appreciate that many of our children and young people come in on transport from around the county and so parents sometimes miss the ‘at the gate’ experience. If you’d like to visit the Academy during the day please get in touch.
*If you would like a paper copy of anything on the website, please get in touch.