Broxtowe Women’s Project supports female survivors of current and historic domestic abuse who live or work within Broxtowe Borough. This service is free of charge, we aim to respond to your call the same day and would like to offer our support to your school, for both staff and parents. The referral process is quick and easy - you can self-refer, or with their agreement refer a colleague or parent. We provide the following services –
- Phone / zoom outreach sessions with a dedicated outreach worker who will listen and provide individualised support based on need
- Safety planning - assessing risk and putting plans in place to improve safety
- Advice and support with housing / legal aid / benefits / police issues / Family Court
- Support following outreach work including befriending / counselling and well-being events
- Freedom Programme – 6-week programme to learn more about domestic abuse
- Business support to raise awareness for your staff team
- Partners Newsletter
We understand it can be difficult for anyone to admit to struggling with domestic abuse - making the first call for help can be difficult. We promise to listen, believe, and do all that we can to empower you to have a better life free from the torment of abuse.
Contact us –
Support line 01773 719111
Mobile 07914 634190
Website – www.broxtowewomensproject.org.uk
Covid related news items are found here
Foxwood would like to recommend a new phone app and website called ‘Own It’ from the BBC.
The app gives advice and videos on E-safety and mental health issues.
A really useful addition is that it can adapt the keypad on children’s devices giving suggestions on the content of messages.
If a child gives out personal information the keyboard will suggest that they don’t. If a child says something unkind the keyboard will help them with suggestions and if they mention key words like bullying the keypad will direct them to help.
All useful in this ever changing world!
Just a reminder that we do have a school mobile app that you can download on to your smartphones and tablet devices free from either the Apple or Google Play app stores. You can download the app by searching for “School Jotter” once downloaded you can then select Foxwood Academy from the drop down list.
The app provides instant access to term dates, menus, events, links to social media and the school website. We hope that you find it useful.