Who are the governors?
The full governing body meets once a term. There are two sub-committees within the governing body:
- The Finance and General Purposes Committee meet monthly.
- Pupil and Curriculum meet as required
Current governing body:
|NAME||ROLE and FUNCTION||LINK RESPONSIBILITIES||Start Date||End Date||Register of business and pecuniary interest|
Chair of Governing Body
Member of Finance and General Purposes Committee
|Staffing||Community Governor||3/10/2018||3/10/2022||Director of Hydrajaws Holdings|
Appraisal and capability of
Leadership and governance
Nottinghamshire Proficiency Test Committee
Lisa Brown Discretionary Trust
|Chair of Finance and General Purposes Committee||Community Governor||6/6/2018||5/6/2022||No interests to declare|
|Chair of Pupil and Curriculum Committee||Academy Teaching and Learning||Parent Governor||22/11/2017||22/11/2021||
No interests to declare
|Simon Spibey||Member of Finance and General Purposes Committee||Spiritual, moral, social and cultural (including British values)||Parent Governor||7/7/2014||2/10/2019||Contour furnishings|
|Member of Pupil and Curriculum Committee||Staff Governor||1/9/2017||31/8/2021||Member of staff at Foxwood Academy.|
|Jamie Hutchinson||ex-officio Governor||1/9/2017||No interests to declare|
What do governors do?
Governors have the responsibility for three main functions at the Academy:
- Setting the strategic direction of the Academy, alongside the Academy's senior leadership team
- Ensuring the Academy meets all its statutory requirements
- Providing challenge and support to the Academy staff to improve outcomes for all the students