Who are the governors?
The full governing body meets once a term. There are two sub-committees within the governing body:
- The Finance Governors meet monthly, usually around the 15th of each month
- Pupil and Curriculum meet as required
Current governing body:
|NAME||ROLE and FUNCTION||LINK RESPONSIBILITIES||Start Date||End Date||Register of business and pecuniary interest|
Appraisal and capability of
Leadership and governance
|Community Governor||1/9/2012||21/10/2018||Nottinghamshire Proficiency Test Committee|
|Simon Spibey||Chair of Finance and General Purposes Committee||Spiritual, moral, social and cultural (including British values)||Parent Governor||7/7/2014||7/7/2018||Contour furnishings|
|Member of Pupil and Curriculum Committee||Academy Teaching and Learning||Parent Governor||22/11/2017||22/11/2021||
No interests to declare
|Member of Pupil and Curriculum Committee||Staff Governor||1/9/2017||31/8/2021||Member of staff at Foxwood Academy.|
|Member of Finance and General Purposes Committee||Staffing||Community Governor||1/9/2017||31/8/2021||No interests to declare|
|Jamie Hutchinson||ex-officio Governor||1/9/2017||No interests to declare|
What do governors do?
Governors have the responsibility for three main functions at the Academy:
- Setting the strategic direction of the Academy, alongside the Academy's senior leadership team
- Ensuring the Academy meets all its statutory requirements
- Providing challenge and support to the Academy staff to improve outcomes for all the students
Where can I find more?
The governors produce regular newsletters highlighting the work that they do throughout the academy. Link to newsletters