Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-Up Premium
The Year 7 catch-up premium is allocated to all Year 7 pupils that did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of Key Stage 2. For the Academic year 2018-2019 this funding is £500 per student. This additional income into School and Academy budgets is to support the implementation of strategies that are aimed at raising attainment in Reading and Maths.
Foxwood Academy currently has twelve Year 7 pupils on roll. The Foxwood Academy allocation of this Grant for 2018-2019 is £6,000.
Examples of how the Catch-Up Premium Grant may be allocated to support Year 7 students at Foxwood Academy this current academic year include:
- Subscription to the Educational Library Service (ELS) which ensures access to unlimited fiction and non-fiction book swaps over the academic year.
- Identification and purchase of reading scheme resources
- Supporting Academy staff to implement a new recording system for Reading that will monitor and track progress
- Phonics development work within the Academy
- Purchase and implementation of suitable intervention strategies for students that require additional support in and around Maths
- Purchase of annual Mathletics licence to support all four strands of Maths via a fun, targeted and motivating computer based package.
- Identification and purchase of Maths resources